A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUNG ICE CLIMBERS
In collaboration with the UIAA, the Russian Mountaineering Federation is organizing a training camp for young competition ice climbers in Kirov, Russia this year.
These camps, led by expert officials and coaches, have proved very popular in the past with a number of national teams and athletes benefitting from the invaluable experience. Last year ice climbers from India, Mongolia, Croatia and Iran amongst others took part. The latter team in particular demonstrated the progress made courtesy of the training camps through their performances throughout the 2017 UIAA Ice Climbing season.
All age categories (U22, U19 and U16) are invited to participate.
The tentative dates have been set:
- Training period 1: 20 – 29 November 2017
- Training period 2: 6 – 15 December 2017
- Training period 3: 16 – 25 December 2017
- Training period 4: 26 December 2017 – 4 January 2018
The duration of the training camp is flexible and depends on the will and/or the budget of the National Federations. The camps can last for up to ten days. Please notify us accordingly.
The Youth Training Camp is a great opportunity to hone lead and speed ice climbing skills on the World Cup wall of Kirov (the final leg of the 2018 UIAA Ice Climbing World Tour). The camp will also propose gym training.
The Training Programme proposes:
- Two daily training sessions on the World Cup wall of Kirov (15m ice tower)
- Dry-tooling construction and speed
- Indoor gym facilities
- Recreational side activities (ice hockey)
- Transportation between train station and hotel
- Possibilities to practice with Russia’s best ice climbers
- Knowledge exchange and coaching from Russian national coaches
The participants will be accommodated in a hotel near the climbing venue (5 minute walk). Gear (ropes and quick-draws) are provided by the Organizer.
Participants’ expenses are: visa, flight and train tickets, accommodation, and meals.
- 8 pers/room – from 6 EUR/night
- 2 pers/room – from 12 EUR/night
- Single room – from 24 EUR/night.
For more information, please contact Pavel Shabalin: email@example.com