Dates confirmed for youth ice climbing training camps in Kirov, Russia
The UIAA Ice Climbing Commission and the Russian Mountaineering Federation have confirmed the programme and registration details for this year’s training camps for youth ice climbers.
This annual opportunity for youth ice climbers to train together is a fundamental part of the UIAA’s commitment towards the evolution of the sport, allowing the next generation of ice climbers to develop their skills under expert coaching and guidance.
Two youth events form part of the calendar for the upcoming UIAA Ice Climbing season, an event in Durango, Colorado will be held from 14-15 December (2016), followed by the major meeting for youth athletes, the fifth running of the World Youth Championships, to be held in 2017 in Champagny-en-Vanoise from 10-11 February. Highlights from last year’s event in Rabenstein are available below.
Youth Training Camp Details
In collaboration with the UIAA, the Russian Mountaineering Federation is organizing a training camp for young competition ice climbers in Kirov, Russia this year.
All age categories (U22, U19 and U16) are invited to participate.
The tentative dates for the camps have been set:
- Training period 1: 21 – 30 November 2016
- Training period 2: 6 – 15 December 2016
- Training period 3: 16 – 25 December 2016
- Training period 4: 26 December 2016 – 4 January 2017
The duration of the training camp is flexible and depends on the will and/or the budget of the National Federations. The stage can last all ten days of a stage or less. Please notify us accordingly.
The Youth Training Camp is a great opportunity to hone Lead and Speed climbing skills on the World Cup wall of Kirov. The camp will also propose bouldering and gym training.
The Training Program proposes:
- Two daily training sessions on the world cup wall of Kirov (15 m ice tower)
- Dry-tooling construction and speed
- Indoor training facilities on bouldering wall
- Indoor gym facilities
- Recreational side activities (ice hockey)
- Transportation between train station and hotel
- Possibilities to practice with Russia’s best ice climbers
- Knowledge exchange and coaching from Russian national coaches
The participants will be accommodated in a hotel near the climbing construction (5 min walk). Gear (ropes and quick-draws) are provided by the Organizer.
Participants’ expenses are: visa, flight and train tickets, accommodation, and meals.
- 2 pers/room – from 12 EUR/night
- Single room – from 20 EUR/night.
Interested? Please fill out the Participant Registration Form and send it back to:
For more information, please contact Pavel Shabalin: firstname.lastname@example.org