DETAILS: ICE CLIMBING TRAINING CAMPS IN RUSSIA AND IRAN
Two of the UIAA’s member federations are organising dedicated ice climbing training camps ahead of the 2018-2019 UIAA Ice Climbing World Tour.
All age categories are invited to participate.
The tentative dates for the camps have been set:
- Training period 1: 19 – 29 November 2018
- Training period 2: 3 – 13 December 2018
- Training period 3: 17 – 30 December 2018
The duration of the training camp is flexible and depends on the will and/or the budget of the national federations. The camps can last all 10-14 days of a stage or less. Please notify the organisers accordingly.
The UIAA Training Camp is a great opportunity to hone lead and speed climbing skills on the World Cup wall of Kirov. The camp will also propose gym training.
The Training Programme includes:
- Two daily training sessions on the Kirov World Cup (15m ice tower)
- Dry-tooling construction and speed
- Indoor gym facilities
- Recreational/recovery side activities (sauna, etc.)
- Transportation between train station and hotel
- Opportunities to practice with Russia’s best ice climbers
- Knowledge exchange and coaching from Russian national coaches
The participants will be accommodated in a hotel near the climbing construction (a five-minute walk). Safety gear (ropes and quick-draws) are provided by the organizer.
Participants’ expenses are: visa, flight and train tickets, accommodation, and meals.
- 8 pers/room – from 6 EUR/night
- 2 pers/room – from 12 EUR/night
- Single room – from 24 EUR/night.
For more information, please contact:
Pavel Shabalin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Polour and Meygun, Iran
31 December 2018 – 5 January 2019
Training Camp Venue Address
Polour mountaineering complex, Polour, Tehran, Iran
Meygun Ice Climbing club, Meygun, Tehran, Iran
Accommodation & registration for competitors
Accommodation will be arranged by the organizer
Polour: in the Poplour complex
International credit cards are not accepted in Iran, please pay by cash in USD or Euro.
Registration deadline is 25 December 2018, and can be done by filling this form out
On-site registration takes place on 30 December 2018 from 18:00 – 20:00 Tehran time
On-site registration address: Polour mountaineering complex
Registration fee: 250 euros for each person which includes:
Nearest airport: Imam Khomeini Airport, Tehran, Iran
Distance to Polour: 128 kilometres
Travel time to Polour two hours by car
- Subsequent to filling above forms out, invitation letter will be send to the email address provided in the form
- In case of any problems please kindly contact email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sun 30 Dec||–||Transfer to Polour||–||IKA|
|Mon 31 Dec||08:00-18:00||Training||Lead||Polour|
|Tue 01 Jan||08:00-18:00||Training||Lead||Polour|
|Wed 02 Jan||08:00-18:00||Training||Lead||Polour|
|Thurs 03 Jan||08:00-18:00||Training||Lead||Polour|
|Fri 04 Jan||08:00-18:00||Training||Speed||Meygun|
|Sat 05 Jan||08:00-18:00||Training||Speed||Meygun|
|–||Transfer to IKA||–||Meygun|
Equipment requirements for training camp
- There are limited amount of ice axes and crampons available to rent, so please bring gear if you can.
- Quick draws, belaying devices and ropes are provided by the organizer.
- Helmets, gloves, long sleeve clothing and trousers are required.
Images: UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup 2018, Kirov (Russia). UIAA/lena Tem