First Canadian Climbing Medicine Symposium
The 1st Canadian Climbing Medicine Symposium will be held in downtown Toronto at the historic Steam Whistle Brewery, 31 July – 1 August, 2017. The event is endorsed by the UIAA Medical Commission and the Alpine Club of Canada, a UIAA member federation.
In response to the rapidly increasing popularity of climbing, this educational event has been launched for healthcare professionals, trainers, coaches, exercise scientists, and anyone else interested in sport climbing related medicine and performance.
The Canadian Climbing Medical Symposium have invited a panel of world-renowned experts in the fields of climbing medicine and exercise science, who are sure to deliver an exciting program of talks and workshops over the planned two-day event. Some of the topics include:
· Injury statistics in sport climbers (V. Schoeffl)
· Surgical treatment for finger epiphyseal stress fractures in adolescent climbers (Y. El-Sheikh)
· Shoulder injuries in climbers (V. Schoeffl)
· Sport Canada Climbing Long Term Athlete Development Plan (S. McBurney)
· Mechanisms of injury in modern sport climbing (Y. El-Sheikh, A. Sopeju)
· Training for Climbing: Then, Now, and the Future… (E. Horst)
· And many more…
Please visit their website www.climbingmedicine.com to register and feel free to share this link with any of your friends and colleagues that may be interested.