The American Alpine Club (AAC) is hosting its 10th annual International Climbers’ Meet (ICM), to be held the week of 8 – 14 October, 2017 in Yosemite Valley. This year, the AAC will have three days of education programming, host climbers available for guidance, and, per usual, an international cast of characters that will be crushing Yosemite.
Applicants should have intermediate or advanced level experience with:
- Placement and removal of protection
- Multi-pitch rope management
- At least two years of technical rock climbing
- The ability to follow sustained 5.8 granite
Early Bird fee until 31 July is $475 USD per person.
Beginning 1 August, the fee will be $525 *
The participant fee includes:
- Seven nights and six days of camping at secluded Yellow Pines camp ground
- Three gourmet catered meals per day from Sierra Gourmet catering
- Six days of climbing in spectacular Yosemite Valley
- Three optional instructional days hosted by AMGA certified guides and instructors
- Pre-dinner mini-clinics on a range of technical topics
- Nightly campfire for storytelling, socializing, and general carousing
- Partner with other participants or experienced host climbers
Participants provide their own transportation to Yosemite Valley, California. A full roster will be sent to all participants for coordinating ride sharing.
*Cancellation Policy: One half of fee will be returned until 4 September. No fee refund after 4 September.
International applicants: You will receive notification of the status of your acceptance by 31 May.
USA applicants: You must be an AAC member to participate. You will receive notification of the status of your acceptance by 18 June.
If the event is not full after the above dates:
THE AAC WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UP UNTIL ONE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT on a first come first serve basis, but SPACE is LIMITED.
To obtain an application please go to: https://americanalpineclub.org/international-climbers-meet
Submit the attached application electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please contact: email@example.com
For more information please visit: https://americanalpineclub.org/international-climbers-meet