The American Alpine Club is hosting its 12th annual International Climbers’ Meet (ICM), to be held the week of 13-19 October, 2019 in Yosemite Valley. The event will include three days of education programming, host climbers available for guidance, and, per usual, an international cast of characters that will be crushing Yosemite.
Applicants should have intermediate or advanced level experience with:
· Placement and removal of protection
· Multi-pitch rope management
· At least two years of technical rock climbing
· The ability to follow sustained 5.8 granite
Discounted fee for International participants:
Earlybird fee until 31 July is $495 USD per person.**
Beginning 1 August, the fee will be $545 **
USA and Canadian participants:
Earlybird fee until 31 July is $545 USD per person.**
Beginning 1 August, the fee will be $585 **
Your fee includes:
· Seven nights and six days of camping at secluded Yellow Pines camp ground
· Three gourmet catered meals per day from Sierra Gourmet catering
· Six days of climbing in spectacular Yosemite Valley
· Three optional instructional days hosted by AMGA certified guides and instructors
· Pre-dinner mini-clinics on a range of technical topics
· One day of stewardship for Yosemite National Park
· Nightly campfire for storytelling, socializing, and general carousing
· Partner with other participants or experienced host climbers
Participants provide their own transportation to Yosemite Valley, California. A full roster will be sent to all participants for coordinating ride sharing.
International applicants: You will receive notification of the status of your acceptance by 31 May
USA and Canadian applicants: You will receive notification of the status of your acceptance by 17 June
**Application Acceptance Policy: Once your application is accepted you will be charged a $50 non-refundable fee to hold your place in the event. This $50 will go towards your total fee.
**Full amount of fee is due on 31 August. If you have not submitted your fee by this date you may be dropped from the roster.
**Cancelation Policy: One half of fee will be returned until 4 September. No fee refund after 4 September
If the event is not full after the above dates:
WE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UP UNTIL ONE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT
on a first come first serve basis, but SPACE is LIMITED.
To obtain an application go to https://americanalpineclub.org/international-climbers-meet
Submit attached application electronically via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
For more information go to: https://americanalpineclub.org/international-climbers-meet
Photo: Andrew Burr