The UIAA, International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation, is the leading developer of global standards and the global certifying body for climbing and mountaineering equipment, and a leading organisation for defining and improving skills to enhance safety and enjoyment of mountain activities and sports. In addition, the UIAA develops and disseminates the most up-to-date medical advice for mountaineers, climbers, hikers and athletes.
To support our internationally composed expert commissions, we are expanding our team at the UIAA headquarters in Bern with a Project Manager, Mountain Safety
As a Mountain Safety Project Manager, you will work closely with the experts of the UIAA Safety Commission, the UIAA Training Commission and the UIAA Medical Commission to identify and foster projects of relevance to over 90 UIAA member associations and the climbing and mountaineering community. You will plan, manage and be instrumental for the implementation and execution of these projects.
– Strong process management, organisation, and coordination skills
– Solid academic track record in engineering, education, sports, medicine, and/or marketing
– Good user-end IT skills: online database management, Microsoft 365
– Excellent language skills in English
– Proven social and communication skills in a diverse international environment
– Experience in working with a network of volunteers
– Proactive team player with a high degree of self-organisation and initiative
– Personal interest and record in outdoor sports, hiking, climbing, ski touring, mountaineering
– Diversified work content with a wide range of creative opportunities
– Complex, multifaceted projects in an exciting and fast-growing mountain sports environment
– Frequent working and social contacts with committed contributors from all five continents
– Cooperation with a committed, agile, experienced and diverse team
– Fair employment conditions
– Career growth opportunities
– Part-time options are available on request
– Workplace in the heart of Bern, Switzerland
Start of employment
Autumn 2023 or according to agreement
Are you interested?
We will be very happy to receive your online application by 30 September 2023.
Your contact and to apply
For further information and to apply, please contact Nils Glatthard, UIAA General Manager: email@example.com
The full job posting can be found here.