APPLICATION CLOSED FOR 2019 UIAA MOUNTAIN PROTECTION AWARD
The UIAA thanks everyone who has applied for the 2019 UIAA Mountain Protection Award. Almost 15 organisations active in over 20 countries have submitted details of their projects. Most are ongoing projects with a few currently ideas or concepts. The application period closed on 1 July.
What are the next steps?
- All projects are currently being assessed by the UIAA MPA Assessment Team. The UIAA will be in touch if it has any questions regarding your application.
- Once a project has been successfully approved as part of the 2019 Award, an email will be sent to the organiser as confirmation. An official 2019 UIAA MPA logo will also be provided.
- Projects will then be posted to the official 2019 Award platform (website page coming soon) and showcased through the UIAA communication channels.
- Projects will vie for the following prizes:
- Overall 2019 MPA winner (includes 5000 USD cash prize + invitation to present at the UIAA General Assembly in Cyprus, 2 November 2019)
- Best New Initiative
- Community Choice (project selected through a vote on the UIAA social media channels in September). It is possible to win the Community Choice Award and one of the other three prizes. Details about this Award will be made available before the first project is promoted on the UIAA social media channels.
- Winners of the runners-up, best new initiative and community choice prizes will all receive a dedicated logo
UIAA Mountain Protection Award
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main picture: 2018 UIAA MPA winner Community Action Nepal