About the UIAA Safety Label
The UIAA label on a piece of mountaineering or climbing equipment attests it to be of the highest international standards for safety having met the requirements of the relevant UIAA standard.
Important: The UIAA Safety Label logo trademark is registered internationally and may only be used for products that have been certified by the UIAA and registered as such.
Benefits of Obtaining a UIAA Safety Label:
- Confirmation that your equipment is tested to the most stringent and respected international standards.
- Usage of the UIAA Safety Label trademark on certified products.
- Join the UIAA Safety Commission annual plenary meetings where Standards are created and updated.
- Belong to working groups and have access to all data information of the UIAA’s network of experts.
- Network with climbing and mountaineering manufacturers and experts from around the world to build the future of equipment safety.
ARE YOU A MANUFACTURER OF CLIMBING AND MOUNTAINEERING EQUIPMENT? TO APPLY FOR THE UIAA SAFETY LABEL:
- Send samples of your climbing and mountaineering equipment to an accredited UIAA Laboratory for certification.
- Register your company here.
- Proceed with an application for labels of your products.
- An annual fee of 400 euros and 40 euros per product is required.
- Once registered and approved, a manufacturer becomes a UIAA Safety Commission member with voting rights.