ACC Coronavirus Information
The following information was published by the Alpine Club of Canada on 17 March.
We are closely monitoring the coronavirus situation through Health Canada and we are following their suggested precautions. As the situation continues to evolve, we are always considering the best option for the safety of our members, our staff and our community.
The ACC has suspended operations in facilities, adventures, some National Office services. Please see below for additional information and links.
ACC NATIONAL OFFICE
As of March 17, the ACC National Office at the Canmore Clubhouse will be closed to outside traffic.
The following services have been suspended
- In-person visits and appointments at the National Office.
- ACC Online Store – as of March 17, we will not be fulfilling online store orders until further notice.
The following services will remain operational
- Membership services including new memberships and renewals
- 2021 ski weeks lotteries
- All ACC publications and messaging including
- 2020 Canadian Alpine Journal
- 2019 Annual Report
- 2020 State of the Mountains Report
- Gazette magazine
- Dispatch newsletter
- ACC social media channels
Our staff will continue working remotely and you can reach us here
- ACC Director of Operations: email Jefferey Lockyer phone (587) 329-7227
- ACC Membership: email Micki Chong phone (587) 329-7235
- ACC Finance Director: email Kish Stephenson phone (587) 329-7238
- ACC Programs Director: email Tara McConnery phone (587) 329-7234
- ACC Services Director: email Sarah Karasiuk phone (587) 329-7242
- ACC Marketing: email Keith Haberl phone (587) 329-7237
- ACC Facilities Manager: email Michael Geertsema phone (587) 329-7231
- Shadow Lake Lodge reservations: email Lauren Quarles
- We have cancelled all hut bookings for the period of March 13 to June 13, 2020. We are offering our standard 80% refund or a 100% credit on all payments that have been made on bookings for that time.
- We have closed our Canmore properties (Clubhouse, Bell Cabin, Boswell Cabin) until June 13, 2020.
Please see the facilities coronavirus page for more information
- As of March 17, the ACC has cancelled all remaining camps for the winter 2020 season.
- All summer camps are remaining open for registration at this time.
Please see the Adventures coronavirus page for more information and updates.
We wish you and your families good health in these difficult times and we look forward to seeing you in the mountains in the near future.